Author Topic: Melon Seeds  (Read 3533 times)

December 02, 2013, 07:00:51 pm

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have not had any luck finding melon seeds on this world.  Seeing we are still on 1.6.4, the only place I believe they spawn is in chest loot, and specifically I believe it is only in chests in old mine shafts.  Unfortunately I think a mod may have messed with this, as I just cleared out a few of them and no seeds of any sort in the chests.  I even did half a dozen dungeon spawner rooms, with no luck.  Also did nether fortress chests, stronghold chests, and chests from various structures in the twilight forest.  The TF chests are the only ones that had any sort of seeds, but they were pumpkin.

I know a lot of mods play with dungeon loot, and it's possible one may have caused melon seeds not to show in the list.  Without them being in a chest, we have no way of getting them, as they did not start spawning in jungle biomes until 1.7.x.  I did try to see if villagers traded them, but no luck in the 4 or 5 villages currently in the overworld.  I'm not even sure if they are in the tradable item list for 1.6.4.

So at this point I think I am just going to spawn in some seeds, and be done with it.  At least we were able to locate the end portal while looking for them :)

December 02, 2013, 07:35:21 pm
Reply #1

Kuges

• View Profile
grats, and I don't mind, really, and seen the end portal, lol

December 02, 2013, 09:51:05 pm
Reply #2

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I spawned some in and planted them by the river.  I also managed to find 7 iridium and a portal gun going through all of those chests.  I also found some plant that grows ender pearls (very slowly).  Do not use bonemeal on the plant, as it says it will kill it.  And you only get one seed back when harvesting the pearl, so you will only have as many seeds as you find in the chests.  They are planted by the wheat.  They take 1 game month to grow, which can be reduced to 1 week if planted in end stone.  We have 8 of them now.

December 18, 2013, 04:22:08 pm
Reply #3

Kuges

• View Profile
I seem to upset something. Down in that huge room I've been working on, was setting up some TE stuff, something is now crashing me, heres a look at the error :

java.lang.RuntimeException: MicroblockSupporterTransformer cannot be used on blocks with multiple selection boxes. Offending block was thermalexpansion.block.conduit.BlockConduit@2fc0de63 at ID 2005. subHit value was 6
   at mods.immibis.microblocks.coremod.MicroblockSupporterTransformer$Util.collisionRayTrace(MicroblockSupporterTransformer.java:1098)
   at thermalexpansion.block.conduit.BlockConduit.func_71878_a(BlockConduit.java)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72831_a(World.java:1431)
   at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72933_a(World.java:1232)
   at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70614_a(EntityLivingBase.java:2232)
   at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78473_a(EntityRenderer.java:272)
   at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1069)
   at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1002)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:946)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
   at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

EDIT: I can't get near it or I crash. found if I start backing up as it loads up, I can get far away from it, but if I try to get close again, it crashes. going to try to get a screenshot of the area.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:46:04 pm by Kuges »

December 18, 2013, 10:31:21 pm
Reply #4

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have already downloaded updates to the server that I plan to apply to test this weekend.  Both of the mods in question were updated.  We will see if they address the issue.  For now maybe best to leave downstairs alone until we get around the crash.

December 18, 2013, 10:32:41 pm
Reply #5

Kuges

• View Profile
hehe, tried several times now, but can't get competely logged in before it crashes. Oh well, need to earn isk anyways, lo,

Yeap, just tired again when you were in, on the web map see "KUges logged in" (you Hi Kuges) "Kuges logged out". my end never got past the brown screen. then crash report. lol
 btw, cant log into the map chat either.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:39:42 pm by Kuges »

December 18, 2013, 10:45:53 pm
Reply #6

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I moved you back up top.

December 19, 2013, 06:40:59 am
Reply #7

Kuges

• View Profile
Thanks.

and I found that KL has been told about this error, here's his post on it if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1773528-164-team-cofh-mods-thermal-expansion-300b9/page__st__180#entry22250219

December 19, 2013, 05:55:39 pm
Reply #8

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He is suggesting trying to remove some config options.  Not sure if it would be server side or client side to fix the issue.  I am doing the server now, but if you may want to do the same change on the client if the problem continues.

The file is 'immibis-microblocks.cfg' and you will want to comment out the three lines below.

blockClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.BlockConduit
tileEntityClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.TileConduitEnergy
tileEntityClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.TileConduitLiquid

December 19, 2013, 05:57:22 pm
Reply #9

Kuges

• View Profile
Yeah, havne't touched it yet myself, and haven't gone back down there yet either lol (kinda left some equipment I need down there, so hopefully the new patch or the config works)

December 19, 2013, 06:00:52 pm
Reply #10

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Server is back up, so let me know if it still gives you issues.  I'm at work still :)

December 19, 2013, 06:28:13 pm
Reply #11

Kuges

• View Profile
Nope, still crashed me, but did get my other stuff out of the area. On reddit it showed that this new release works with micro block(people happy and cheering it). So I'll wait to try and dismantle it till after we update.  If you can move me back out when you have a chance, thanks

December 19, 2013, 06:35:32 pm
Reply #12

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not in game, so not sure of a safe location (i.e. not inside something), so I just moved you up to a height of 75.  Hopefully that will work, and hopefully you have your boots on :)

December 19, 2013, 06:37:30 pm
Reply #13

Kuges

• View Profile
lol, thanks, and wasn't expecting it now,lol