Author Topic: Test Server Update 1.5.2 1.0  (Read 5292 times)

July 31, 2013, 12:21:53 am

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This update is still work in progress, as all of the mods are not in place yet, and there are a few bugs still.  Biggest one that I have found so far is a client side crash when looking at my iron tanks when those chunks load.  Not sure if it is related to the tanks, the liquids in them, or the piping.

Obviously all mods have been updated, but there are going to be a bunch of removals/additions.  The most notable one at this point is the removal of RP2.  I have added redlogic, which replaces the wires, lamps, logic circuits, etc, and Immibis Microblocks, which just replaces the microblocks.  I  I have also added NumiRP, which replaces worldgen, tools, and lamps.  NumiRP is a drop in replacement, and works on the existing blocks.  Redlogic and microblocks are not, and existing items will be lost.

The client is available for download and the test server is online to play around with.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:28:19 am by Baltazar »

July 31, 2013, 05:10:05 am
Reply #1

technomage72

• View Profile
test server is showing as offline.

July 31, 2013, 09:05:32 am
Reply #2

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hung with an out of mem error around 4:00 am.  Restarting now.

July 31, 2013, 09:07:28 am
Reply #3

technomage72

• View Profile
Will look when I get off work this afternoon...also check your messages on here kerno ;)

July 31, 2013, 09:30:57 am
Reply #4

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If the server hangs again, you can restart it on the multicraft page.  Going to be at the beach today with the kids, but I'll play around with it more tonight.  I really need to figure out that crash near the tanks, as it is preventing me from testing things out at my place.

July 31, 2013, 09:33:02 am
Reply #5

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh, and the new microblocks are great.  They cover all of the mod items (i.e. wires, energy conds, BC pipes, etc).  Adding new blocks that can be cut up is also pretty easy to do.

August 01, 2013, 08:30:28 am
Reply #6

Kuges

• View Profile
Yeah, my place is going to be a even bigger mess, I've been putting off dealing with it,  ;D

August 01, 2013, 04:35:46 pm
Reply #7

technomage72

• View Profile
yeah got hit with the crash due to tanks when I went to sun's place to check things out.  Can't log back in now...lol

August 03, 2013, 04:10:18 pm
Reply #8

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I moved you back to spawn when we spoke the other day.  Did you go back to Sun's after that?  If not are you able to login now?

August 10, 2013, 11:11:52 am
Reply #9

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry for the lack of activity.  Going to be working on some of the issues on test today.  So the test server will be up and down for a while.  Will post a new client once I finish up.

August 10, 2013, 12:59:22 pm
Reply #10

technomage72

• View Profile
it never actually moved me, every time I log in, it tries to render sun's place

August 10, 2013, 01:20:56 pm
Reply #11

Kuges

• View Profile
It's probably choking on all the RP stuff, I was just over there and noticed just how much is there  ;D

August 10, 2013, 02:09:56 pm
Reply #12

technomage72

• View Profile
it wasn't just that...it's also the tanks he has in the bee room.

August 10, 2013, 03:40:27 pm
Reply #13

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Posted an updated client with a few corrections, and also moved both of your users to spawn.  Tank bug seems to be related to liquids that have been removed.  In this case it appears to be liquid redstone and ender, which TE changed to different liquid IDs in the new version.  Once the tanks are empty it is fine.  Just not sure how to empty them.  Happened on it's own last time, but we just too a fresh copy from prod.

August 10, 2013, 06:11:28 pm
Reply #14

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
To prep for the coming update, please empty all liquid redstone and molten ender tanks.  Those liquids no longer exist and have been replaced with new comparable ones.  Unfortunately existing liquid cannot be converted to the new, so it will be lost.  We need to do this pre update to try to avoid the crash with iron tanks.  I do not know if this is needed with quantum tanks, but best to empty it anyways, as those two liquids will not be valid after the update.