Author Topic: Possibly dropping RP2  (Read 2236 times)

June 08, 2013, 11:16:43 pm

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Due to the lack of inactivity on RP2 during the past year, I think we need to consider dropping it.  Most of the functionality can be reproduced with other mods, but of course it will not be a direct replacement, and all existing setups and items will be lost if RP2 is removed.  I would like to get some feedback on this before I move forward with it.  If no one has any serious issue with removing the mod, then we need to start preparing to live without it.  This means removing it's use from your setups.

I am going to be looking into replacements for things like microblocks, lamps, wiring, etc.  I already have a pretty good idea of what those replacements would be, but mention something if you have a preference.  For world gen items (marble, basalt, gems), we will either use an existing RP2 world gen replacement mod, or I will just write one to create the blocks for the existing world gen items.  Seeing we only need the mod to define the blocks under the same block IDs and not actually modify world gen code, it should be pretty simple.

June 09, 2013, 04:38:52 pm
Reply #1

technomage72

• View Profile
only thing I'm having an issue with replacing, is the regulator..so far nothing I've tried comes close to the functionality of it

June 09, 2013, 08:45:50 pm
Reply #2

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never used the regulator, but could you use something from logistics pipes for this?  Not sure if any of them can me setup to hold sending until the complete set can be sent though.

June 19, 2013, 01:19:15 pm
Reply #3

technomage72

• View Profile
I've worked out a working solution for now, so if we lose rp2, no loss on my end, other than worldgen stuff