Author Topic: New Server Connection  (Read 2169 times)

January 20, 2013, 11:46:48 am

umine18

• View Profile
Ok, I downloaded MC Forge as per the title page for the forums instructed; however, I have no fricken clue on how to install this thing. I've always played Minecraft on mac but it has issues with modding and im not sure how to add MC Forge into minecraft for windows.

January 20, 2013, 01:32:57 pm
Reply #1

Kuges

• View Profile
are you using Multi MC? (and have had trouble with kerno's pac working on the mac's here in office, let me know if you can get it to start)

January 20, 2013, 02:54:58 pm
Reply #2

umine18

• View Profile
There are two files inside the zipped folder that mac doesn't like.

Minecraft -> Bin -> md5sums and version.

These two files are .exe which osx doesn't know how to treat, I left the original files that were part of my bin folder the same which are documents.

I basically copy and pasted all the files out of the MC 1.4.7 Forge 1.0 file and pasted them in my minecraft folder. I start minecraft and it starts up correctly; however, if I try to play in either single player or multiplayer it says its joining server or creating world, but I just get a blank black screen after that.

January 20, 2013, 03:11:28 pm
Reply #3

Kuges

• View Profile
that might be where I had problems , if i remember right the console just showed it stopping with a line something like "...and 18 more"

January 20, 2013, 03:19:06 pm
Reply #4

umine18

• View Profile
Yeah, i think its the ML environment that is overloading java. OSX handles java as an alien anyway advanced scripting is just murder.

January 20, 2013, 03:32:33 pm
Reply #5

Kuges

• View Profile
Only run into on Kerno's pack, all the tekkit/ftb packs seem to run with no problem.   lol, As James would say, might have get a real computer.  ;D

January 20, 2013, 07:15:37 pm
Reply #6

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't have a Mac, so I cannot comment on how to set it up specifically.  You could try setting up vanilla minecraft and confirm it is working properly.  Then copy in the minecraft.jar to the bin folder, and then copy over the config, coremods, and mods folders.  That should cover the changes from vanilla.

If you are still having issues at that point you could remove optifine from the jar, as it is a client side only mod, and gives some machines issues.  If you would like I could create you a jar file without optifine for you to download.

January 21, 2013, 02:42:05 pm
Reply #7

umine18

• View Profile
Yes that would be awesome if you don't mind and I will give it a try. Right now I have it working on my Dell Studio but that thing is like 3 years old so minecraft doesn't work well on it. It does work well on my mac though if I can get it to connect :)

January 21, 2013, 10:58:11 pm
Reply #8

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The minecraft.jar without Optifine can be downloaded here.  Place it in the bin folder.  Then copy the config, coremods, and mods folders from the current client download to the .minecraft folder.