Author Topic: Test server update 1.4.7 1.0  (Read 5234 times)

January 15, 2013, 11:24:08 pm

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The test server has been updated to 1.4.7, along with a number of mod updates, which are listed below.  Quite a few changes in these updates.  Will post a few change logs to some of the larger updates below.  A couple of high points are IC2 server log spam gone, Dynmap made several improvements related to chunk loading (updates should be able to go back on), forestry now allows for tree breeding and fruit on trees, and Mo Creatures added elephants and komodo dragons (both of which can be tamed and mounted).

Please download the test client and try it out.  Post any issues you notice on this thread.  We will post this to production once we believe it is ready.

Updated Forge to 6.6.0.499
Updated Forestry to 1.7.0.3
Updated Buildcraft to 3.4.0
Updated Industrialcraft II to 1.112.194-lf (still beta)
Updated Extrabiomes to 3.8.0
Updated Mo'Creatures to 4.5.0
Updated PortalGun to 1.4.7v2
Updated IronChests to 4.5.4.217
Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.0.76
Updated Omnitools to 3.0.0
Updated Railcraft to 6.14.0.0
Updated Soul Shards to 1.26
Updated Steve's Carts to 2.0.0
Updated Twilight Forest to 1.15
Updated IC2 Advanced Machines to 1.4.6b
Updated MFFS to 2.2.8.3.5
Updated Gregtech to 2.76c
Updated Balkon's WeaponMod to 1.10.3
Updated WMLL to Stable 40147
Updated Traincraft to 3.1.13_030
Updated Dimensional Anchors to 52.1.3
Updated Optifine to 1.4.6 HD U B3
Updated Dynmap to 1.4 Alhpa 3
Added Tubestuff 52.0.8
Added Plugins for Forestry 1.4.7 Build 25
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:37:33 pm by Baltazar »

January 15, 2013, 11:27:08 pm
Reply #1

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Changes since prior version of Forestry

#1.7.0.3

- Bugfix: Fixed an exploit that allowed bees to be duplicated via backpacks.
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash in relation to RP2's fake player.
- Bugfix: Blacklist config is now read before registering mutations and should work correctly.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue that caused bees to render incorrectly in the stationary analyzer.
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash related to using the wrong locale for lower casing identifiers.
- Bugfix: Fixed incorrect bee rendering in apiarist's pipe. (Again.)
- Bugfix: Fixed a duplication bug on apiaries with BC pipes.

#1.7.0.2

- Bugfix: Random SMP crash when cycling through items in hand and opening backpack gui.
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash when putting cans into a RP2 deployer.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue that caused specimen in bee- and treealyzer to require a second click for analyzation. (h/t Xhamolk for finding the source of the bug.)
- Bugfix: Letters can only be written to if they are unstacked.
- Bugfix: Letters will now correctly be lodged irrespective of casing of recipient's name.
- Bugfix: Cherry trees are now correctly named "Hill Cherry", not "Wild Cherry".
- Bugfix: Fixed bonemeal not being consumed on use on saplings.
- Bugfix: Possibly improved sapling stacking.

#1.7.0.1

- Bugfix: Might have finally fixed the annoying crashbug which sometimes and randomly occured on bee production.

#1.7.0.0

- Added: Treebreeding and inheritance. Crossbreeding trees occurs when their leaves are pollinated by nearby bees.
- Added: 17 new, breedable trees. All trees can be bred from the vanilla four. (Log textures courtesy of Binnie.)
- Added: Trees can bear fruits, some fruits will require a ripening period.
- Added: Jungle trees have cocoa, oak apple, cherry trees cherries, walnut trees walnuts and chestnut trees chestnuts.
- Added: Both walnuts and chestnuts squeeze down to 0.2 buckets of seed oil, producing a tiny amount of mulch.
- Added: Config option to disable access restrictions on machines.
- Added: Treealyzer will auto-convert vanilla saplings to saplings with genetic information when analyzing them.
- Added: Fifth page in tree- and beealyzer to show information on classification and species descriptions.
- Added: Alternative sprites for bees to use in bee addons. (Courtesy of MysteriousAges.)

- Removed: Saplings from dungeon loot.
- Removed: Generational and mating info from trees to enable better stacking of saplings.

- Changed: Treealyzer and beealyzer have gotten a significant facelift.
- Changed: Touched up the apiarist's chest gui slightly.
- Changed: Apple fruit leaves on oak trees do not show a fruit texture anymore.
- Changed: Beealyzer now shows information on the previously hidden chromosome which controls the speed at which bees pollinate.
- Changed: Empty letters are now stackable.
- Changed: Newly mutated Nether bees lost the trait giving them the fastest pollination speed. Significantly reduced all pollination speeds.
- Changed: Bees will now plant flowers in a vastly larger area. They still expect the first flowers to be in the nearer vicinity though.
- Changed: Increased chance for populated apiaries in beekeeper houses.
- Changed: Disabling the version check also disables it on startup.
- Changed: Impregnated casings only require 1/4th bucket of seed oil for production.
- Changed: Made space check for tree growth more tolerant.
- Changed: Blacklisted species are now listed as extinct on the analyzer info page.

- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that might cause incorrect genome comparisons. (h/t Tahg)
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that caused incorrect metadata handling when filling containers.
- Bugfix: Saplings don't drop anymore in creative, when the block is destroyed by a player.
- Bugfix: Fixed some issues in game mode configs.
- Bugfix: Beehives cannot be destroyed by the dragon anymore.
- Bugfix: Fixed saplings not replacing tall grass/snow when planting.
- Bugfix: Fruit family "nuts" now has a localized string.
- Bugfix: Trade stations now take NBT data into account.
- Bugfix: Breaking logs should now trigger leaf decay as well.
- Bugfix: Saplings and leaves now re-render after server synch.
- Bugfix: Fixed saplings not dropping when block below is removed.
- Bugfix: Fixed fast graphics not actually using fast texture on leaf blocks.
- Bugfix: Fixed sequoias only requiring 2x2 saplings.
- Bugfix: Genetically modified oak trees now take on the correct foliage colour for the biome. (Applies for any tree using ColorizerFoliage.getColourBasic().)
- Bugfix: Genetically modified saplings can now burn in furnaces.
- Bugfix: Fixed backpacks switching modes when emptying into chests.
- Bugfix: Electric engines now display MJ/t. (RichardG)
- Bugfix: Fixed saplings rerendering incorrectly before getting their tile data.
- Bugfix: Fixed germling spritesheet not being pre-loaded.
- Bugfix: Fixed pick block on half slabs.
- Bugfix: Fixed half slabs breaking instantly.
- Bugfix: Try to handle other mods not preserving NBT data more gracefully.
- Bugfix?: Added a safety check to handle bee and tree data missing a genome.
- Bugfix: Fences will now be destroyed by fire.
- Bugfix: Imprinter renders the correct bee icons again.
- Bugfix: Biogas engines should not get stuck anymore on chunk reload. (denoflions)
- Bugfix: Most machines with liquid tanks should now handle metadata correctly. (denoflions)

- API: Added API to enable retrieval and re-use of tree world generators.
- API: Made backpacks more API friendly. Other mods should now be able to define their own.
- API: Other mods can use IMC to add items to backpacks without needing to use the API. The message must be keyed 'add-backpack-items' and contain a string of the format 'backpackident@$id:$meta;$otherid:$othermeta...'. (Example: 'forester@2653:0;1233:5') Identical to the manual config.

January 15, 2013, 11:30:24 pm
Reply #2

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Changes since the prior version of Mo Creatures

-wild scorpions no longer attack other mobs
-fixed server crashing bug with the ownership code
-pet scorpions that are set free now drop the saddle, and can't be ridden
-horses obtained from an amulet are set to the player using the amulet.
-horse transformation animation is synchronized in multiplayer
-foals and ghost horses now spawn tamed and are owned by their parent's owner
-tamed birds won't be named every time they eat seeds.
-bunnies shouldn't suffer damage when on top of a player's head
-enders should spawn on the End biome
-fixed bug that removed swords on pigmen and bows on skeletons

Added Elephants and Mammoths
Elephants spawn on Deserts, Jungles, Plains and Forests.
Mammoths spawn on cold biomes.
Elephants drop Hide
A calf elephant can be tamed by giving it 10 Sugar lumps or 5 cakes
Tamed elephants are healed with baked potatoes, bread or haystacks
Indian Elephants can be given a special luxurious garment.
In addition to the garment, a nice throne can then be given to the Elephant.
Two chest sets can be put on each elephant, allowing it to carry inventory
A key is used to open the inventory.
Mammoths can also carry two extra regular chests.
Three different kinds of tusk reinforcements can be crafted: wood, iron and diamond.
They can be given to tamed adult elephants and mammoths, and taken off with a pickaxe.
While wearing them reinforcement and ridden by the player, they will break blocks.
(However that feature is disabled by default in multiplayer, to prevent griefing)
Mammoths are more effective at breaking blocks than elephants.
A harness can be put on tamed adult elephants.
If a player 'sneaks' near their elephant, it will sit for a short time, where it can be mounted
To dismount an elephant, the rider has to make it sit first and then it can be dismounted.
A platform can be put on the Songhua Mammoth, allowing them to carry a second player.
To have a passenger, first the rider makes the mammoth sit, then the second player 'sneaks' while close to the mammoth.
The second player can dismount the mammoth by pressing the sneak key.

Added Komodo Dragons
Komodo dragons spawn on swamps and plains.  They attack small animals or players.
Komodo dragons poison their prey.
They drop reptile hide and the bigger Komodo Dragons have a 25% chance of dropping eggs.
An egg can be hatched if placed near a torch and the resulting baby Komodo Dragon will be tamed.
You can heal your tamed Komodo dragon by giving it raw rat or raw turkey.
A saddle can be put on a Tamed adult Komodo dragon so it can be ridden.

Ostrich overhaul:
hatched ostriches won't follow the player
Ostriches now can carry helmets that will reduce the damage received
A chest can be given to an ostrich and they can carry a small inventory
cloth colored cubes can be given to saddled ostriches to make them carry colored flags
Nether ostriches now are obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of fire
Nether ostriches will fly in a way inspired by the game 'Joust'. (It's tricky but fun!)
added three new types of ostriches:
-Unihorned ostrich that is obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of light.
They buckle animals in a similar way than with the unicorns
Unihorned ostriches can drop a unicorn
-Black wyvern ostriches are obtained by giving a tamed ostrich an essence of darkness
they can fly if the jump button is used on a timely fashion. They propel themselves forward once flying.
They're tricky but fun to control in the air.
-Undead ostriches are obtained by giving any tamed ostrich an essence of undead.

Jellyfish overhaul:
Changed models and textures for the jellyfish
jellyfish glow in the dark

January 15, 2013, 11:32:15 pm
Reply #3

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Changes since the last version of Railcraft

NEW: Added Trackman's Backpack, for holding all your Track/Minecart related stuff. Only available if Forestry is installed. Big thanks to Sengir for the API.
NEW: Added Engineer's Overalls. Texture provided courtesy of the user, 'Foreplaying'.
NEW: Added Villager Detector. *Railcraft Inc. does not condone the enslavement of Villagers for breeding and/or other nefarious purposes.
NOTE: The Villager Detector currently only works with vanilla Villagers, mod added Villagers will be supported in a later update.
NEW: Added a means to make Steel if the Blast Furnace is disabled. You need to break an Iron Ingot into Iron Nuggets and cook those in a Furnace to get Steel Nuggets.
NEW: Added Creosote Cell (IC2 container).
NEW: Explicitly defined BC Facades for Infernal Brick, Sandy Brick, Steel Blocks, and Concrete Blocks.
CHANGE: Advanced Detector redesigned, it now has filter slots that you can put specific minecarts in.
CHANGE: Coal made from UU-Matter can no longer be used in Coke Ovens.
CHANGE: World Anchors loading fewer than 9 chunks, because they are paired with a Sentinel, now use less fuel.
CHANGE: Tweaked Sandy Brick to Coke Oven Brick recipe, it should now have the same cost as directly crafting Coke Oven Brick.
CHANGE: Controller Boxes can now send the OFF aspect.
FIX: Fixed a bug in the Pairing network code that broke the Tuning Aura for addons.
FIX: Fixed a bug with RP Liquid Pipes and Liquid Fueled Boilers.

January 15, 2013, 11:39:12 pm
Reply #4

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated since prior version of Buildcraft

Upgraded: MC 1.4.7
- Changed: Filler function to stop its use asa mining tool. Empties from the top down, items dropped from it only last a second. (cpw)
- Changed: Gates and pipe wires now available earlier for other mods. (Flow86)
- Changed: Pipes now replace grass, vines, etc. when placed. (tcooc)
- Changed: onInventoryChanged() now called when adding to an IInventory. (MrTJP)
- Bugfix: Fixed issues with the hopper and NBT data. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Fixed NBT data not synching in diamond pipe gui.
- Bugfix: Pipe items should now display smoother. (aznhe21)
- Bugfix: Filler flatten now works above 128 height. (DeliciousJaffa)
- Bugfix: Stacked tanks will not store different liquids anymore. (kemurphy)

January 16, 2013, 07:15:23 am
Reply #5

Kuges

• View Profile
-wild scorpions no longer attack other mobs

but they did  a halfway decent job of cutting down that sea of red that is outside at nights, lol

January 17, 2013, 04:50:12 pm
Reply #6

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You guys might want to take a look at the test server when you get a chance.  Just to make sure your home doesn't blow up or anything with the new updates :)

If I don't hear anything prior to tomorrow might, I will most likely deploy it to the production server.

January 17, 2013, 05:28:39 pm
Reply #7

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One other thing I have not mentioned above is I nerfed the solar arrays a bit.  Not the vanilla panel, but the ones from Adv Solar.  I turned on the harder recipes, which I thought were on, but were not, and I also cut the energy production in half.  The second one is the one you will want to take note of.  The switch to hard recipes does make them a little bit more difficult, but nothing to difficult.  The tier 1 array is still pretty easy to build.

I cut the energy production as I felt it was too high for an easy to obtain, safe, and passive energy source.  So the tier 1 array is at 4 EU/t, tier 2 is at 32 EU/t, and tier 3 is at 256 EU/t.  I have not adjusted the vanilla panel at this time.

I know it is possible some of you may not agree with me on this, so please post your opinions.  Regardless of where you stand, if you use the arrays, the output reduction will affect things you have setup, so you may want to take a look at them on test.

January 18, 2013, 10:39:10 am
Reply #8

technomage72

• View Profile
house still standing, machines still working, so all good.

as for the solars.....no comment ;)

January 18, 2013, 11:10:48 am
Reply #9

Kuges

• View Profile
I'm fine with the solar myself, and it's good to know, lol. I thought my one and only anchor had stopped working and my mfsu wasn't charging while I wasn't on, lol

January 18, 2013, 04:20:28 pm
Reply #10

technomage72

• View Profile
while I don't agree with the solar nerf, it's fine but let me point out one thing: material costs..

TL;DR
for one ultimate, under the current conditions on 1.4.6, it requires UU (12 pieces), glowstone (6 pieces), 24 coal, 3 stacks of coal dust, 3 obsidian, 9 lapis lazuli, 1 stack of iridium ore etc.

1 stack of iridium ore makes only 16 plates...that's broken down into:

1 stack of iridium ore, 1 stack of advanced alloy,16 diamonds macerated

to get the 16 plates needed, you need 4 stacks of iTNT

4 stacks of iTNT = 2.5 stacks of tnt and 5 stacks of flint dust(which equals 10 stacks of flint)
That's 13 stacks of gunpowder, 10 stacks of sand.

With mo'creatures still making love to zombies instead of the rest of the vanilla spawns, the alternative is to get saltpeter (found mainly in desert biomes), sulphur (nether, or near lava), and coal dust

continuing on with the math, that's ~9  stacks of saltpeter, ~5 stacks of sulphur, and ~5 stacks of coal dust
though while writing this I did see we have a new recipe for gunpowder using redstone and coal dust
(22 stacks of redstone, 18 stacks of coal dust)

we won't even talk about the insanity of the matterfab power requirements to get those 12 pieces.

As you can see, this is a crazy amount of material for somethign as trivial as a solar panel, and then to effectively double that to get the same outputs is a pain.

Gretech machines as a whole are power hungry zombies in of themselves, if you do not maintain the FULL eu/t you will lose all your energy stored up. I've drained a bank of 5 MFSU's because the Gregtech grinder was only getting 127 of the 128eu/t required before I figured out his methodology.

I now have to have separate banks of mfsu's for almost each of the GT machines, and even then I have to be careful of what shares that line, and whether I am processing at night or not.

His machines don't have a MAX eu input...they have a REQUIRED eu input.

January 18, 2013, 11:15:40 pm
Reply #11

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, a solar panel is trivial, and it's easy recipe reflects that.  The Ultimate solar array on the other hand is not in any way trivial.  It is a essentially 512 of the panels (pre nerf) combined into a single magic cube that even produces a modest amount EU without sunlight.

I know that the costs of the tier 2 and 3 arrays are high, but that is how I think they need to be.  They are a safe and passive energy source that requires no maintenance.  There are cheaper alternatives to produce the same EU with a modest footprint, but they consume fuel, and in cases come with risks.

January 19, 2013, 10:57:49 am
Reply #12

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Another update has been posted to the test server.  The client update was also posted, but I did not change the version number.  Below are the changes.

Updated Optifine to 1.4.6 HD U B4
Updated Omnitools to 3.0.1
Updated InvTweaks to 1.50
Updated Steve's Carts to 2.0.0 a45
Updated Thermal Expansion to 2.1.7.3
Updated NEI Plugins to 1.0.4.5
Updated CodeChickenCore to 0.7.1.0
Updated NEI to 1.4.5.1
Updated Forestry to 1.7.0.5
Updated Tubestuff to 52.1.2
Updated Immibis Core to 52.2.4
Updated Dimmensional Anchors to 52.1.6
Updated Petroleum Generators to 1.2.1
Updated Gregtech to 2.76d
Updated Plugins for Forestry to 1.4.7 Beta Build 26

January 19, 2013, 10:59:46 am
Reply #13

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updates since prior version of Thermal Expansion

2.1.7.3:
-Bugfix: Aqueous Accumulator sided tank interaction corrected.

2.1.7.2:
-Bugfix: Redstone Energy Conduits now work properly with the Redstone Energy Cell.

2.1.7.1:
-Bugfix: Redstone Energy Conduits now play nicely with all engines.

2.1.7:
-IMPORTANT: Examined the metaphysical nature of the relationship of the Pulverizer and Smelter. The road has come to a fork.

-API: The API has been updated slightly to handle the above change. If you were only using the Crafting Helpers, there should not be any issue. ;)

-Added: Information and Tutorial tabs; either/both of these can be disabled in the config files.
-Added: Configuration option to require Steel for Machine Frames (if present).
-Added: Configuration Option to use gears instead of Ingots in Machine recipes.
-Added: Sawmill support for Forestry logs and planks.
-Added: Smelter recipes for various Alloy recipes.

-Bugfix: Handled an issue that would occur with Redstone Energy Cells on server restarts.
-Bugfix: Handled an issue that would (rarely) occur with Liquiducts and broken chunks.
-Bugfix: Liquiducts should no longer be able to dupe liquid in some cases.

-Changed: Default ore gen values have changed. These will not overwrite existing config files.
-Changed: Disabling an ore will also prevent it from co-generating.
-Changed: Engines have been revamped - the Heat mechanic is gone and the visual feedback has been altered.
-Changed: Engines will no longer accept liquid containers via their GUI slots. REMOVE EXISTING CONTAINERS FROM MAGMATIC ENGINES WHILE YOU CAN. :)
-Changed: Machines and Engines that hold liquids can now be filled/emptied directly by right clicking on them with an appropriate container.
-Changed: Magma Crucible has been rebalanced a bit.
-Changed: Magmatic Engines now require Invar Ingots and Gears instead of Tin.
-Changed: Netherrack to Lava conversion is more expensive - this new default value IS enforced upon updating. You may still change it in the config file.
-Changed: Render for the Portable Tank is slightly more responsive.
-Changed: Sided connection logic for machines has been changed - it is more specific now in what can connect and when. This may cause issues with BuildCraft pipes in the short term.
-Changed: Smelter now requires Invar Ingots instead of Sand.
-Changed: Updated to new external APIs - this fixes a few things which weren't bugs, strictly speaking.

-Removed: Brass and Bronze Conversion through dusts. This *might* get added back in through the Induction Smelter.

-Textures: Energy Cell render texture has been renamed. Sorry about that.
-Textures: Engine texture style has changed to represent the "new" engines. Texture packs do not have to update these files, but it is is recommended.

January 19, 2013, 11:09:15 am
Reply #14

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have also gone ahead and restored the hybrid and ultimate power generation back to their original values of 64 and 512.  I left the reduction on the advanced array due to it's simpler recipe.  Seeing there is no recipe for 8 advanced = 1 hybrid, this should work out OK.  The harder recipes have been left on though.