Author Topic: Test Server information  (Read 9692 times)

December 05, 2012, 09:48:29 am
Reply #15

Kuges

• View Profile
Anyone else tried the Industrial Blast Furnace ? Its seems to me that it might be bugged. It runs a couple of cycles, then just ideals eating EU till I break the power connection. Then I have to break and replace it to get it to work right again. It will drain a whole MFE without producing anything (for 24000 EU per steel process). Sad thing is I'm not even sure it's a bug. From Gregtech FAQ:

"Q: My Machines Progress gets null and the Machine consumes tons of EU for nothing! HALP! BORKEN!!!
A: NOT A BUG!!! If you are not applying enough EU/t to any of my Machines, then it just stops and the Progress is gone. If you then feed it with insufficient EU/t it consumes it and immidietly aborts (wasting EU!)"

I myself don't see how consuming 30x the amount of EU for a process can be insufficent.

December 05, 2012, 12:31:32 pm
Reply #16

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think this is the first thread to hit page 2  :)

I unfortunately have not yet gotten that machine.  As for the EU/t, what he is saying makes sense, but I'm not sure that is the case for you.  If it only accepts 32 EU/t, then as long as you are supplying this continuously it should be fine.  Is the device connected directly to the full MFE?  Does it have an internal buffer, and does it slowly run out?  If it is consuming more than 32 EU/t, than I would imagine you can provide it MV power, which will allow you to provide it faster.

I would be careful if this device consumes more EU/t than you can currently produce.  The reason is if it drains your power dry it will never stop running.  The reason is it sounds like the cycle aborts when it runs out and starts over when additional power arrives, as opposed to continuing where it left off.  Also if it consumes more than 32 EU/t (i.e. 40 EU/t) and you are supplying it LV power, the internal buffer will eventually run dry, and the cycle will abort, and then start to drain all of your power without producing anything.  In that case you will want to supply it MV power.

December 05, 2012, 02:36:21 pm
Reply #17

Kuges

• View Profile
I've got it straight out of a MFE, 3 length of 4xsteel supplying. it's suppose to take a max of 128, and that's what should be hitting it. and Yes, it does drain the MFE really quickly, lol

December 06, 2012, 04:59:31 pm
Reply #18

technomage72

• View Profile
if it does get to the point that the mfe is drained, then you have to break the connection...and yes, I do have the blast furnace as well..the industrial grinder, electrolyzer, centrifuge, and implosion compressor are all the same. Waiting for a bit more materials before I get into the matter fab. I also want to get me atleasr an lesu, or an aesu before really starting to produce things.

December 08, 2012, 11:53:29 am
Reply #19

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated original post, and I'm working on a new client update, that should be finished by this evening.

December 09, 2012, 10:03:27 pm
Reply #20

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New client posted

Updated Forge to 6.4.1.435
Updated ExtraBiomesXL to 3.6.0
Updated Ender Storage to 1.3.0.3
Updated Wireless Redstone CBE to 1.3.1.3
Updated Buildcraft to 3.2.2
Updated Additional Pipes to 2.1.3u35
Updated Forestry to 1.6.2.6
Updated Railcraft to 6.10.0.0
Updated Steve's Carts to 2.0.0_a35
Updated Thaumcraft to 3.0.0i
Updated Thermal Expansion to 2.1.2
Updated MoCreatures to 4.3.1
Updated Iron Chests to 4.4.0.194
Updated MFFS to 2.2.8.1.13b
Updated Gregtech to 2.54c
Updated Advanced Power Management to 1.1.42
Added Soul Shards 1.11
Added Misc Peripherals 2.0b
Added Gravity Gun 1.4.5v1

December 10, 2012, 10:51:38 pm
Reply #21

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seems to be a few issues with NEI.  Will try to figure it out tomorrow.

December 11, 2012, 11:45:02 am
Reply #22

Kuges

• View Profile
Noticed last night that only vanilla saplings are working  in the fermenter after this last patch (I've been using fir saplings in mine, not working now, did some testing to find out what does) Not sure if that is a NEI thing.  Kinda worried me when I found this in the forestry changelog :

1.6.2.5:
- Added: Warning message when installed alongside GregTech to clarify that Forestry might be affected by GregTech.

And I know how much GT seems to love messing up other mods,  ;D

Edit: It seems Forestry just put out another version to fix some stuff. Hopefully that is the problem.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:43:48 pm by Kuges »

December 11, 2012, 03:56:57 pm
Reply #23

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GT changed the forestry bronze recipe in some manner in a recent update, which didn't make the guy who maintains Forestry too happy.  So that message just seems to be retaliation for that :)  GT reverted the change to the recipe, but I doubt they will remove the message anytime soon.  It actually comes up every time you login, but I turned off the notification in the Forestry config.

GT changes the recipes of several different mods, and several of the mod developers appear not to have liked it very much.  Most notably RichardG from IC, who was the one to convince Slow to disable it by default moving forward in the FTB modpack.

I'll take a look at the fermenter tonight or tomorrow to see what is wrong.

December 14, 2012, 08:24:38 am
Reply #24

technomage72

• View Profile
couple of bugs that I've noticed. Like kuges had, I'm also getting power pipes to disappear, usually after a period of time off the chunk, seems like the pipes can get overloaded and "pop". Also, thermal expansions' redstone energy pipes can spontaneously stop working. It seems to happen when thaum3 is installed, but has happened with other mods as well. The explanation is that the pipes store up eu even when there's no output, and will continue to store up more and more eu, until teh amount of eu passes the float limit, and goes negative. the only way around it, thus far, is to break every pipe in the chain, and put them back, but this isn't even 100%. It might be fixed in the latest version of TE, but not sure. I was using the energy pipes to feed my TE machines, and noticed that both the cubes in line, as well as the machines stopped getting power, even though the electric engines were getting power. tried with other engines to eliminate the eu/bc conversion and still no joy. broke all the pipes (as well as a good chunk of my floor as they were embedded) and replaced them, for them to work for a short time, then stop working again.
this only started in the last patch upgrade, as I've been running the redstone energy line since shortly after server's inception, and it has just now manifested into a problem.

NEI is still bugged. Type something in and all of a sudden everything gets shifted to the left, partially off screen. the location of the text box and buttons are still the same, but not visible. typing "li"triggered it for me.

December 14, 2012, 02:31:55 pm
Reply #25

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure about the power pipes, but I'll see if I can find any mention of it as a bug or mechanic.  The version of TE we are currently on has some bugs with the power lines.  Based on the changelog, these should be fixed in the current version.

I'm not sure if the issues with NEI are related to NEI or one of the mods.  It is probably a combination of both, so hopefully one of them has already addressed it.

I will be working on a new update this evening, and should have it ready tonight or tomorrow.  Hopefully this update will be cleaner than the last one.

IC2 has been released for 1.4.5.  Up to this point we have been on a beta.  We may or may not update to it tonight, as I am still waiting on two more or the add-ons to be updated.

December 14, 2012, 06:20:59 pm
Reply #26

technomage72

• View Profile
kerno, due to the recent issues with the login server for minecraft, do you think you could whiteboard us so we can get in even if the login server is down?

This is two nights in a row that the login server has crapped out for extended periods of time

December 14, 2012, 07:29:05 pm
Reply #27

Kuges

• View Profile
Looks like Sun broke it again  ;D

December 15, 2012, 11:53:33 am
Reply #28

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Removed Cameracraft (NEI Issues)
Updated NEI to 1.4.3.4
Updated Wireless Readstone CBE to 1.3.1.4
Updated Ender Storage to 1.3.0.4
Updated Forestry to 1.6.2.8
Updated Thermal Expansion to 2.1.5
Updated Gregtech to 2.60b
Updated Thaumcraft to 3.0.1 (fixes server chrash issue)
Updated Optifine to D5

December 15, 2012, 11:54:57 am
Reply #29

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
James, including everyone in the white list will not allow you into the server when Mojang is down.  The server still needs to verify you are who you say you are.