Minecraft Server > Plug-Ins

Multiverse vs Transporter

(1/1)

Baltazar:
Up to this point we have been using Transporter for managing multiple worlds and the portals between them.  I am planning to replace transporter with Multiverse today.  I have been running it on the test server for a little while, and it seems to be working well.

Some benefits this will offer us is we now can have a separate nether and end in each world, and under transporter only the main world had a nether.  This means that the old nether in the old world will be accessible again through the existing nether portals.  Another feature this has is the ability to use custom world generators.  This is important as I wanted to create a world out in space that would allow for inter-world travel.  It also allows us to use generators like Skylands.

When I turn this on I will temporarily link up the previous inter-world portals until I can get the permanent solution setup.  I have already build a shuttle port in the new world, and will create something similar in the old.

I am also in the process of generating a new world on a second server that I am going to fill with dungeons, and set on hard mode.  I prefer to do that rather than try to add more to the existing world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version