Author Topic: ARK: Survival Evolved  (Read 4242 times)

November 28, 2015, 03:53:35 pm

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In case you guys have the game, and would be interested, I am currently running a server on the same system that handles Minecraft.  To connect to it just add theboard.synchro.net to your Steam favorite servers.  This can be done from the Steam main screen by selecting Servers under the View menu.  Then in ARK, just choose Favorites under the server selection.  The server will be listed as The ARK and the password is letmein.

Currently it is just my brother and I on it for our first play through, and we are still learning the game.  We started on the island on the SW corner of the map.  We are on the eastern tip of it.  I actually think we are very close to one of the default spawn points (W2?), but not positive about that.

November 28, 2015, 05:39:57 pm
Reply #1

Kuges

• View Profile
lol, been playing it a couple of weeks on the Flamegoat server. fun but my ISP seems to hate it with a passion =P

btw, they updated today, they do that at random, kinda annoying

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:51:56 pm by Kuges »

November 28, 2015, 08:29:03 pm
Reply #2

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, I know.  They update quite frequently.  It's a good thing, but I need to setup something when I can run the server update as a nightly job.

November 28, 2015, 08:46:58 pm
Reply #3

Kuges

• View Profile
actually got on the server...and got stuck in in rocks, which seems the only way to get unstuck is to die out...by hunger... lol

November 28, 2015, 09:01:12 pm
Reply #4

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice :)

Though, the spawn points are standard, so not sure what happened there.  It is still early access :)

December 01, 2015, 04:02:00 pm
Reply #5

Kuges

• View Profile
Once you get a bed made, you can spawn back to it. Btw, server might need a update, todays might be blocking it from showing up in the IGB

December 02, 2015, 10:30:28 am
Reply #6

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I updated it last night to 226.1.  Is it still not showing up for you?  Are you still stuck in a rock?

December 02, 2015, 11:32:46 am
Reply #7

Kuges

• View Profile
Out of the rock, took about 10 hours to die from hunger =D  will see if it shows up when I get home tonight

December 06, 2015, 03:46:24 pm
Reply #8

Kuges

• View Profile
Who is Firewater? and is it ok to demolish a half built hut on the beach that hasn't been touched for a week that said person built? (game won't let me put of fencing on the cliff above it because of "hostile tribe foundations in area" )

December 07, 2015, 08:28:23 am
Reply #9

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That is the name of the Tribe my brother created that we are in.  Yes, you can break anything you need.  We'll have to add you to the tribe when I see you online.  We started out on Crag Island, and still have a small base on the southern tip of it. I recently moved to Deep Island, and am setting up near the lake there.  Have a small area secured there, and a handful of dinos.  I'm usually on in the evenings, but if you let me know what time you're on, I can hop on then.

December 07, 2015, 06:14:09 pm
Reply #10

Kuges

• View Profile
I'll probably be on during tuesday evening ..if it lets me see the server (home ISP is crap)

December 07, 2015, 11:40:22 pm
Reply #11

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Okay, I will keep an eye out for you.

December 09, 2015, 12:12:44 am
Reply #12

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
btw - You are welcome to anything in the chests.

December 09, 2015, 04:57:22 pm
Reply #13

Kuges

• View Profile
added a few walls and bits to the structure chest. Seems to be a Bronto stuck on the compound atm. Dinos are all topped off on food, atm. made some spark powder, and think I've made more arrows than I used today (this place seems to be raptor city).

December 10, 2015, 12:32:21 am
Reply #14

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Was looking to wall off the entire valley where we are, but that is going to be a long term project :)  Put a gate and going to start to lay the base of the walls.  Right now I am using a metal base, and stone wall.  Seeing the outer wall for the valley will probably not be done anytime soon, I might expand the walls around our current structure, as it is way too cramped atm.  Probably should change it to wood too.  It was just something I quickly put up when I first got there.

I have invested most of my engrams on structure items up to this point.  Also, make sure you check the bookcase for blueprints before investing any points of your own, as you may just be able to use the blueprint.  I'm sure you saw it there, but just letting you know in case you didn't.