Author Topic: Seem to have broke myself again.  (Read 2545 times)

September 16, 2014, 12:12:29 pm

Kuges

• View Profile
Same error as back in july. I'm in the over world, digging a rail tunnel. So not to sure what's all around me.

September 17, 2014, 10:16:19 pm
Reply #1

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry, been out of town the last couple of days for work.  I moved your location, so you should be able to login again.  If it is a client side crash based on something at that location, it will probably occur again when you go there.  If you get stuck again, post me the actual crash log so we can at least determine what mod is causing it, and see if there are any posts related to it.

September 18, 2014, 08:50:34 am
Reply #2

Kuges

• View Profile
Thanks. And no worries, I figured you were probably vacation or something :D  I'll try to check it out tonight. btw...there was a smallish accident with a steve's cart tunnel bore....I have most of it cleaned up.

September 18, 2014, 03:51:15 pm
Reply #3

Kuges

• View Profile
And it did it again, was flying down the tunnel to see how far the bore machine had gotten, and crashed some where along the way. no idea if it was in the same spot. Crash report http://pastebin.com/VJK33pxW

September 18, 2014, 08:37:20 pm
Reply #4

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well the issue is in Thaumcraft, but unfortunately the only hit on google for that line of code is your pastebin :)

Do you know what the primal arrow is?  Something you have used recently?  It is trying to read a double and the stream does not have enough bytes in it.  Probably a bug, but apparently not one someone has hit yet, and may not even be valid in the current version any longer.

It is spawning an entity into the world.  Maybe if it is something the despawns, then maybe if we can get the chunk in question to stay loaded (it unloads when you crash) for enough time, then it will clear.  Placing an anchor a little before your crash and setting it to max chunk range should do it.

I updated your location again.

September 18, 2014, 08:39:19 pm
Reply #5

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
By the way, did you hear Microsoft is buying Mojang?  Not sure what that will mean for future updates, but seeing it appears they are buying it for 2.5 billion, I would imagine they plan to do something with it :)

September 18, 2014, 09:06:00 pm
Reply #6

Kuges

• View Profile
Not sure if there is a Primal arrow, there is a Primal staff and charm, nither of which I can research yet, so unless we have a hidden person that crammed all of Thaumcraft.....  As for the MS Mojang thing? lol you should see Reddit about it. But, only Dev I've seen so far up and quit it CPW http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2ggi6l/cpw_is_quitting_modding/  but mostly everyone is rolling with it..well, Notch is now rolling with it Scrouge McDuck style, lol

September 20, 2014, 02:19:26 pm
Reply #7

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Okay, the issue should now be fixed, but you need to make a few changes to Thaumcraft.cfg on the client side.  Below are the three lines you need to change.  For some reason we had duplicate entity IDs, and I guess it never caused an issue until now.

I:primal_arrow=240

I:primal_orb=241

I:traveling_trunk=242