Kuges

• View Profile
Ok, downloading it now, I'll see how bad it is. need a break from AS anyways ;D

October 18, 2014, 11:05:19 pm
Reply #16

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Updated client posted.  RI is in the client, but not on the server, as the current version of RI for 1.7.10 crashes on the server.  Looks like we will have to wait for an update on that one.

October 18, 2014, 11:12:47 pm
Reply #17

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tried to import the old world and had issues.  Going to have to play with it.  For now, we are back to the new world on test.

October 24, 2014, 06:19:03 pm
Reply #18

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The issue was with bibliocraft.  Playing around with it now, but I have gotten it to a point where it starts.  Now I need to figure out what is broken.

October 24, 2014, 06:29:58 pm
Reply #19

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, that didn't work very well :(

Seems all the blocks are mixed up.  Wood is now lamps, brick is now marble, and it seems in most areas of the world without a finished block on top, there are grey blocks that go to 256.

So.... need to do some reading on converting a world from 1.6.4 to 1.7.x.

October 24, 2014, 08:49:34 pm
Reply #20

Kuges

• View Profile
lol, pics or it didn't happen.  ;D

October 24, 2014, 09:36:59 pm
Reply #21

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots.  Was getting less than 1 FPS and client would crash when I moved around too much.  Performance was better when I start myself way above the ground, as it just has to render the grey blocks up there.  But then the server start crashing on other errors.

In short it was a mess.  It appears block IDs got jumbled even on the vanilla blocks for some reason.  And now that the block IDs of the mods are automatically set and then read from the map, I have no way to adjust them.

I have tried to read up on converting modded maps from 1.6.4 to 1.7 and I have not found much.  One post on the IC2 forums said it should be possible as forge should read the ID mapping from the map as long as it was 1.6.4, but the posters were only commenting on what it should do, and not from experience.  There was another post on the FTP forums saying it was impossible to migrate and existing map.

As of now, we are back to a new map.  I will be adding and updating a few more mods tonight, and will post an updated client.  Right now old client should work, with the exception of I changed twilight forests biome IDs 41-45 to 88-92 to get rid of a conflict.

Going to look again later, but it is starting to look unlikely that the existing world will make the upgrade, at least not now.

October 24, 2014, 11:51:09 pm
Reply #22

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Okay, new client posted.  Didn't bump the version number, but it's new.  Just has some updated mods this time.  RI is still not working on the server side.

October 28, 2014, 08:54:09 pm
Reply #23

Kuges

• View Profile
Ok, really getting AE2 figured out. And I don't think we can update our world to 1.7 really, it's just way too much work just for the AE system. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking it on my solo world. Right now still a major work in progress, but I'm combining AE2, Ender IO, and Logistics Pipes for my automation. As of this moment, I'm not worried about upgrading the world.

This weekend I've been playing around with setting up my old comp as a server, using Bevo's Tech Pack. Lots of fun! The version of Calderon it comes with won't let sapllings grow. Got that figured out.. and found a conflict with with a required pack mod (that I have no use for, and is a pain to remove) and one of the optional pack mods (which I find fun, but the conflict makes it so things don't work, but only server wise, it works fine solo). And there are a couple mods not in it that I would like to have.

Which leaves me thinking : Direwolf's new pack should be coming out soon, at least in beta. And it will probably have most of what I'm looking for  in 1.7 play. I might set up a server running it. After reading and trying server play this last weekend, I"m seeing people suggest running the server comp on MineOS, either as a start up OS, or in VirtualBox. So going to play around with that this week.

Edit: small overview on what I have going atm on solo : http://imgur.com/a/DbyQz
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:14:11 pm by Kuges »

October 29, 2014, 04:32:21 pm
Reply #24

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I still have not applied the cauldron sapling patch yet, as I was hopping they would update to the latest forge version, but that has yet to occur.

I'm not currently seeing an upgrade path for 1.7, so it looks like we will be starting a new world yet again.  Wasn't really looking at doing that, as I kind of liked the city that we put together :)  Though I guess starting from scratch can be fun :)

If we are planning on a new world, we are not restricted on the mod changes we can make.  So we can freely add, remove, or change mods and this would be the time to do it.  As an example if we wanted to try BoP instead of Extra Biomes.  Let me know if there are any existing mods you would like to drop, or any new mods you would like to add.

I have been playing in survival mode on the test server a little just to try it out a bit to see how things are working.  There is a bunch of ore duplication that is occurring which I will take care of shortly, but other than that things seem to be working okay so far.

The mod I am still having issues with is RI.  Works on the client side, but crashes the server.  Aside from crashing the server, it sounds like it is very alpha at the moment, so we may have to move forward without that one and add it in later when it gets more stable.

Your solo world looks nice btw

October 29, 2014, 05:43:52 pm
Reply #25

Kuges

• View Profile
Maybe I should play survival style on test, see what I can come up with. Not all that worried really for RI, not with big reactors. Just that fusion reactor just looked cool. 

October 30, 2014, 03:59:57 pm
Reply #26

Kuges

• View Profile
Nope, saplings can't grow.  ;D NEI seems to be bugged, showing the wrong liquid metals for the Tinkers smeltery, and I can't seem to shift click recipes into the crafting grid. For all the duplicate ores, I think Bevo's just has the TE ores, with the odd ores like Osnium, Yellowrite, and others like that.

October 30, 2014, 04:57:08 pm
Reply #27

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, I have not yet applied the sapling patch.  That will occur the next time I add/update mods, which will probably be in the next day or two.

October 31, 2014, 04:16:20 pm
Reply #28

Kuges

• View Profile
A mod you might want to check out http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293528-aobd-2-process-all-the-ores

Btw, the new direpack is now out, here is he mod list : http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2kxi2c/the_new_direwolf_pack_is_not_coming_out_tomorrow/

Tomarrow I'll test out setting up a server here again, and let you know if I get it working. ;D

October 31, 2014, 07:41:04 pm
Reply #29

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will be posting an update client tonight, which is why the server has been going up and down.

I'll take a look at AOBD.

If you need any help with the server, let me know.