Author Topic: 1.7  (Read 11808 times)

September 14, 2014, 08:24:44 pm

Kuges

• View Profile
A lot of the mods have upgraded to 1.7 now (think Mod Power Suits is one of the last major mods to be in beta atm). Any thought about throwing them together and applying them to our current world on a test to see how bad they mess everything up?

September 17, 2014, 10:17:27 pm
Reply #1

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, been thinking about doing this.  I'll try to make time this weekend to go through the current versions of all of the mods, and will put something up for the test server.

September 18, 2014, 08:54:50 am
Reply #2

Kuges

• View Profile
Mainly I think AE2 is going to make a mess out of our system, that got such a huge overhaul. Just started a solo world useing Bevo's Tech Pack, which is 1.7, to try everything out.

September 22, 2014, 06:00:52 pm
Reply #3

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Okay, below are some of the mods I have noticed that are missing 1.7.10 support.

Mystcraft
Traincraft
Portal and Grav guns
Modular Power Suits (though jenkins builds might work)
NumiRP (for RP world gen in old world)  This one I doubt will be updated
Open Peripherals
Soul Shards (has a replacement, but not sure if it is compatible)

It's going to be a bit of work to get this update out.  I'll see what I can do this week and coming weekend to get something on test.  If there are any additional mods to consider, or any you think should be removed, please let me know.

September 22, 2014, 08:33:50 pm
Reply #4

Kuges

• View Profile
Most I"m not sure on, but Power suits I think is being worked on. Not sure about open peripherals...has Computer Craft been updated, haven't seen it yet, that might be why.  ProjectRed adds the old gems from Red Power. Soul Shards seems like I just saw something about that . As well as Mod Power Suits (much rejoicing on FTB). Wait...Direwolf Server play 7 (1.7) has Mystcraft...They just made a UU Matter ocean age. might still be in beta, but they have been using linking books from about the first episode. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaiPn4ewcbkEbL2v-YKCkEq4-IigIgiE0

Edit : Mystcraft : http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=340
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:51:37 pm by Kuges »

September 22, 2014, 09:37:28 pm
Reply #5

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mystcraft is available for 1.7.2, but not 1.7.2.10 from what I understand, and that is the version all of the other mods are on.  CC was updated, but that one addon is the one I could not find.  Project red does cover red power, and we have been using it.  Unfortunately it is not compatible with old world gen, which is why we were using NumiRP.  We will be able to keep the new world, but not the old one, at least until we can setup another one that will cover those blocks.

September 23, 2014, 08:45:36 pm
Reply #6

Kuges

• View Profile
Ah, never noticed the difference 1.7.2 vs 1.7.10, most mods I've seen list it as 1.7 vs 1.6.4. btw, We would have to completely scrap our AE network, it's changed that much. Still learning it on a solo world, and watching the streams. Soaryn came up with a loop hole and made a super drive (similar to what we currently have for a drive set up) but not sure I understand how it works yet, or if the loop hole will remain in the channel setup.

Edit: Plus now with AE2 up in the air.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:47:12 pm by Kuges »

October 17, 2014, 06:55:08 pm
Reply #7

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well obviously I have not worked on the update yet :)

Doing some work now and probably tomorrow, so you may notice test being up, but not sure when I will have a client ready.  If I don't finish this weekend, I might post what I have of the 1.7.10 client on the new world I will be testing with.  I am not planning on starting a new world, but I will need to test with one until all mods have been updated, seeing it is a new MC version.  Once we get most/all of the mods updated, we will test with the existing world.

October 17, 2014, 07:23:57 pm
Reply #8

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like we have some drama in the Bukkit world going on.  We will see how much it effects us as Cauldron dropped it.  This isn't exactly recent news, but I guess I haven't been paying enough attention the last month or two.

October 17, 2014, 07:39:59 pm
Reply #9

Kuges

• View Profile
lol. haven't worried about it. btw, Mystcraft is now 1.7.10 (I think I saw it was released the other day) he was debugging corruption effects (some of the stuff on the server play was interesting to watch).

Tunnel from spawn to my base is complete, well. need to lay rails for the last bit yet. Now to starting looking at trains.

October 17, 2014, 07:48:58 pm
Reply #10

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good news about Mystcraft, as I think that was the last showstopper we had.  Still need to check on Traincraft, as that does add worldgen.

I walked your tunnel today :)

October 17, 2014, 08:17:17 pm
Reply #11

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reverting test back to a plain forge server for now, as Cauldron is not up to date on the latest forge.  Hopefully he will release an update over the next week or so.

October 18, 2014, 09:48:44 am
Reply #12

Kuges

• View Profile
Buildcraft now with RF support : http://mc.shinonome.ch/doku.php?id=wiki:buildcraft

btw, the time I used a filler in 1.7 I thought I had done something horribly wrong!  ;D

October 18, 2014, 10:28:31 am
Reply #13

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I installed 6.0 of BC, as I was having compatibility problems with 6.1.  Also, as of last night I am still waiting on a compatible version of ExtraBiomes with the latest version of Forge.  This is needed before we attach a copy of the current world to test.  There are also a bunch of other mod differences.  No traincraft or jammy's furniture.  I will probably grab the crayfish furniture mod, but we will lose existing items.

Going to play around with it more today.  The ID mapping seems to have changed in 1.7.x.  I have yet to hit a single ID conflict in the upgrade.  I know there were some changes in this area, but have not read up on them much.

October 18, 2014, 06:58:16 pm
Reply #14

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Initial client posted, but it's not ready for real use yet.  It's still missing a few key mods (i.e. MPS), and it currently a little buggy.  Need to play around with it for a bit, but the test server will remain online for tonight, as I think I am going to take a break from playing with it.

It's running on the Cauldron server, as they just posted an update this morning.  I have not yet installed the prior plugins, but will once I get the client working better.