Author Topic: Cauldron  (Read 1739 times)

July 11, 2014, 11:28:05 pm

Baltazar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The test server is now running the Cauldron 1.6.4 server.  This is what replaced MCPC, and is basically what we were using under Tekkit.  Basically it is a combination of Bukkit and Forge.  Unlike previously, mods no longer have to modified to work on this server.  All existing forge mods should work without changes.  I switched the server from a straight forge server to a Cauldron server (running the same version of forge) and it started right up without having to change or adjust anything with the configs.  I did go ahead and drop Forge Essentials, as it will no longer be needed seeing we can now use Bukkit plugins again.  No client update is needed, so the current client should be able to connect to both production and test.

I am doing this for a few reasons.  One is I miss the bukkit plugins, as there was a lot more admin plug-ins for running a multiplayer server than the forge mods.  This will also make it easier to bring the old world back once I get multiverse setup again.

I don't know if we will actually move this to production under 1.6.4, or wait until we jump to 1.7.x.  I still need to check for current mod support, but Cauldron already supports 1.7.10.

I added a few plug-ins to the test server, including permissionex, which I have not yet configured.  So we currently have default config, which may or may not disallow some things.  I will play around with it some more this weekend.